FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I post to the Rochester Classifieds Online service?
- First, you must be subscribed to the service. Click the
Subscribe/Unsubscribe link on the left to find out how to subscribe.
- After you are subscribed to either "wantads" or "wantads-web", you
can post to this service by sending an e-mail to
The e-mail you send will be sent out to all subscribers and listed on this
What is the proper format for a posting to the Rochester Classifieds Online?
- Maximum message size of ~390k (400000 characters)
- Any format (text / html / rich text)
- May include attachments (attachment size included in message size)
- To: field must contain only
[email protected], nothing else
- Cc: field must be blank
- Subject: cannot be blank
- Subject: cannot contain RE:, FW:, FWD:
- Subject: must begin with one of these (including the colon):
||Want to Buy
||Item for free
||Free item is gone
||Have to Trade
||Catch-all for anything not covered above.
Why do I need a Username / Password to access the postings on this site?
- This is to protect the Rochester Classifieds Online user community from casual browsers for
hackers from stealing e-mail addresses and using them for malicious
What is the Username / Password to access the postings?
- You need to be a subscriber to this service to obtain this information.
Once you subscribe, you will be provided with the username/password needed.
There is also a link on the website main page "Forgot the
username/password?". Just click on that link, enter your e-mail
address, click submit, and the username/password will be mailed to you.
How long does a posting remain on the Rochester Classifieds Online web-site?
How do I subscribe/unsubscribe?
How do I know what my posting will look like after I send it through the
- Send your message to
and only you will receive it. This will help you finalize your message
How do I setup a rule in MS Outlook to filter all messages to another folder?